Thursday, December 16, 2010

Awake at 5:30 a.m.

Why on Earth am I up this early and can't sleep? Stupid Ambien is supposed to last longer. But for now, I sit up and wait for the extra albuterol I asked for a half hour ago. I just got to thinking. Thinking about how CF always seems to get in the way of things. Here I am planning this wonderful trip to Kansas with my better than life fiance, and I catch a stupid flu. A flu that I try to fight off myself because I've been doing so well lately. Faster than the blink of an eye this flu takes me from 2L of o2 to 4L, then finishes out at 6L. I fight a constant fever for a week before waving my little white flag and taking myself to the ER to be hospitalized. Here they put me on humidified oxygen at 60% (no idea what that correlates to liter wise). Needless to say I am SUPER discouraged, I miss the day Nikki and I were planning to drive over to tiny town Bird City Kansas and quite possibly I won't get out in time to even go down at all. The only way I can still make this trip is if I can somehow make this stay a 10 day one and get out the 20th, if they insist on keeping me the full 14, Nikki is just going to have to go to Kansas without me. Then, something amazing happens, as fast as the flu hit me, it seems to go away and I have a good deal of energy back. Yesterday I went from 50% mask to 6L nasal canula, to 5L, to 4L, then I finished off the day at 3L!!!!!!! One more liter to go til I am back at where I was before this crazy flu!! I am suuuper excited. That is a very good sign I can beg and plead my way into a 10 day stay because my body is starting to do so well. (Well for me at least). And that means Christmas with the Johnsons!!! I can't wait! I've never had a Christmas away from home, but spending it with my soon to be in~laws is going to be a blast. I thank everyone who has taken the time to read this and those that have/will leave comments. Its always nice when someone takes the time out just to let me know they care. I need to do that myself more often. I'd also like to thank those who have started blogs themselves and inspired me to make one. I love, and greatly appreciate you all. More blogs to come, so stay tuned! =)  God Bless.

Spencer

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get to go!!! :) You show that flu who's boss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've made a great turn around - and I'm super excited too!!! =) Keep up the great work and I'm sure good things will follow.

    ReplyDelete